We invest what is required to make the Big Burke and Wills Trek a safe, challenging, exciting and life changing experience for all Trek participants.
Entry Fees for the 2015 Trek are as follows:-
Full Trek $3,950 per person
Short Option $2,750 per person
We invite you to compare these fees to similar 12 day fully supported Trek experiences with medical teams, full radio network and satellite communications facilities, nightly campsite entertainment, with all meals provided, covering an iconic historical journey (if you can find anything remotely similar and so extensively supported).
To secure your place in the Trek the following dates are important:
- If registering before 15 May 2015 - $1000 deposit per person is payable upon registration, and the balance of your Trek Fees (as outlined above) are payable 60 days before the Trek (16th June 2015).
- If registering after 15 May 2015 - full Trek Fees payable upon registration
- Registrations close 16th July 2015 If Trek places are not sold out beforehand. Please ensure you register by this date.
Make sure you register in time!
Your entry fee will cover all necessary communication,
safety and medical expertise and equipment, and 3 meals a day, as well as your Trek support team.
- Full medical support team including extensive medical equipment and supplies
- Large fleet of fit-for-purpose vehicles
and equipment allowing your camp to be set up and moved daily.
- You can trek with only a daypack,
as your main gear bag (16kg max) will be transported between campsites for you.
- State of the art event
management, including advanced communication technology to keep the Trek safe.
- UHF handheld radio for each team
- Device recharging will be available at campsites for cameras and other equipment.
In addition, trekkers will be treated to:
- Entertainment and information from experts along the journey.
- An outdoor cinema to showcase
real time progress of teams, through slideshows and videos.
- Revealing "field tutorials" on
early inland explorers such as Sturt, Burke and Wills, and others. Trek Guide
and the Burke and Wills historical society president, Dave Phoenix, will be on
hand to provide detailed knowledge of the Burke & Wills story and answer
- Stargazing and astronomy
courtesy of the expansive night skies.
- Delicious, healthy and hearty
meals, provided by the Trek catering team.
- A communal campfire to swap yarns and
congratulations with fellow trekkers.
- A chance to trek across the desert just as Burke & Wills did in 1860, with their 6 camels.
- A grand celebration on completion at
the iconic Birdsville Pub.
- A life changing experience, plus
the chance to meet new people and make new friends.
As part of their Trek package, after the Trek concludes trekkers will also receive:
- Access to digital copies of the best Trek photos
- Access to Trek highlights video.